A year of weddings, a year of farewells. New friends were made, some friends became strangers. Many days of laughter, just as many the opposite. A time of ambition, caught sidetracked by doubt. Behind the smiles, questions filled the voice within.
(plays the theme song for 2012: PSY – Oppa Gangnam Style)
- A step up in the career-ladder.
- Survived 3 hours of Level Up Fitness’ “Class Olympics Marathon”, earning a medal in the process. I never thought I’ll be this fit at all!
- Fallen in love with the wonderful taste of Singapore’s Chili Crabs at No Signage Restaurant.
- The maiden “bromance” visit to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, with Cyril, Fahriee and Rodz.
- Discovered an interest in dancing, via Level Up Fitness’ “Oppa Gangnam Style” Flash Mob
- Being the best man to one of my closest friend’s wedding.
- Stress levels doubled as a result of increased workload. I definitely spent a little too much time in the office.
- Office politics intensified as a result of the promotion.
- Not in control of my temper.
- Picked up smoking once again.
- Continue to fall sick consistently despite the addiction to exercise and more recently a change to a healthier diet.
- Still in debt and not being able to obtain some form of side income for the year.
- Her marriage to another man. And in turn, the end of a friendship.
- Being rejected/”Friendzoned”.
- Having to reject the advances of a couple of the opposite genders.
- The constant feeling of loneliness despite the wonderful friends around me.
Thank you 2012. The world didn’t end (yet again). But part of me has died. So I’m taking a soul-searching train in 2013. Not like I can say no to the roller-coaster ride right, life?