A year of weddings, a year of farewells. New friends were made, some friends became strangers. Many days of laughter, just as many the opposite. A time of ambition, caught sidetracked by doubt. Behind the smiles, questions filled the voice within.
This was exactly the same paragraph I used in last year’s review. Yet it’s the best paragraph to describe this year for me.
(play my song for 2013 – “Daft Punk – Get Lucky” before you read on)
- Done 3 marathons this year, including The Spring 10KM run. Proud to finish my longest run to date.
- Visited Australia after 7 years. Truly a walk down memory lane.
- Did my part and vote during the election.
- Actually celebrated Gawai at a longhouse, with a couple of friends from KL.
- Became a witness to my close friend’s marriage proposal.
- Watched Metallica live in Singapore. A lifelong dream came true!!
- Finally got myself a new job after 5 years plus in BCCK.
- Enjoyed great company with friends on my birthday week.
- Had the privilege to be a Heng Tai (brother) for a friend’s wedding in KL, the honor to toast for two friends’ weddings in Kuching, and even represented my brother in his wedding to, er, drink for him. Four weddings conservatively on a weekend from 29 November to 22 December 2013.
- I left a job that I loved because of severe office politics I got caught in.
- I still struggled to enjoy my new job. I know I’m new, but I don’t feel like I’m a part of the team fairly often.
- I became more temperamental than before. I get more annoyed now when an individual doesn’t reply Whatsapp personal messages quickly, especially he/she is online for a fair bit of time.
- I haven’t stop smoking.
- I still get sick on an average once every 6 weeks.
- I lost some control of my diet since I changed my job.
- I am still in debt.
- I am still luckless in romance.
- And my brother has cancer. The family hasn’t been quite the same since it was discovered. Or maybe I just felt that way.
- For once since I came back from Kuching, I genuinely thought I would be in a relationship with a woman I met earlier this year. Instead, I had to see her flirting with another man. Am I not good enough for you?
- More unrequited love followed after that.
- All seven deadly sins were committed.
- The experts of fortune reading has warned me of a poor year ahead. I usually ignore this zodiac stuff, but the negative readings I’ve seen so far has been consistent.
- That lonely feeling.
I am in a quarter life crisis.
Thanks, 2013. Some parts were great, but it’s a year I want to forget.